The Baker-Nord Center and the Office of Post-Graduate Planning & Experiential Education have teamed up to offer summer stipends to support undergraduate humanities majors who receive an outside offer to work at an unpaid internship. The stipends are designed to enable students from all economic backgrounds to spend their summer working in a meaningful role with the organization or employer of their choic
Please visit our Summer Funding Application page for complete guidelines and instructions to apply.
- Attend some of this semester’s Humanities@Work events
- Speak to your advisor and other faculty to learn about additional opportunities
- Review the guidelines below
- To be eligible for this award, you must be a CWRU undergraduate humanities major.
- Please note that summer experiences which charge tuition and/or fees are not eligible for this funding.
- For Summer 2023, the scholarships will be awarded in $500 increments, up to $3,500.
- Prior recipients, please note: Each student may apply for up to 2 summers, OR 1 summer + 2 semesters of funding, but never to exceed $5,000 in total Humanities@Work funding.
- This $5,000 limit does not apply to Feldman and Cramer recipients, nor to awards from other centers on campus, such as the CAS Experiential Learning Fellowships, the Wellman-Hill, the Reisacher, etc. Here is a more comprehensive list of humanities summer funding opportunities.
There is one central application for all of the Baker-Nord Center’s Summer Funding Opportunities, including the Humanities@Work Summer Stipends, the Feldman Grants, and the C.H. Cramer Fellowships. Please visit our Summer Funding Application page for complete guidelines and instructions to apply. That page also includes some helpful resources, including budget- and resume-writing tips, what to expect if you win an award, and more information about how the stipends are disbursed.