This semester, CWRU Humanities students have the opportunity to gain experience and learn new skills through the Humanities@Work Spring Micro-internship Program. We’re partnering with local companies and nonprofit organizations to offer a wide variety of micro-internships, each of which has been designed specifically for CWRU Humanities majors. Applications are due by Janurary 17, 2023.
Students who are successfully matched with a project will receive a $600 stipend, provided by the Baker-Nord Center and the Office of Post-Graduate Planning.
There are positions in marketing, media, the arts, community engagement, grant writing, nonprofit management, social justice, journalism, social work, education, and more. This year’s spring partners include:
- The Grog Shop
- University Circle, Inc.
- NPR-Ideastream Public Media
- The Jarvis Gibson Foundation
- The Music Settlement
- Cleveland City Council
- The City of Cleveland, Mayor’s Office Sustainability
- Shooting Without Bullets
- The Cleveland History Center
- The Shaker Historical Society
- Refugee Response
- The Cleveland Observer
- The Rainey Institute
- The Cleveland Orchestra
Each micro-internship will vary in length and scope, but all of them fall within these parameters:
- Each micro internship project involves 6 – 8 hours per week.
- The program will run 8-10 weeks during the semester.
- Your project will start no earlier than Jan. 30, 2023, and it will end by April 21, 2023.
It takes just 15 minutes to apply! Click on the link below to sign into the Application Form (via Google). The application asks about your goals, prior experiences, and preferences for this semester.