The Baker-Nord Center and the Career Center have teamed up to offer scholarships to support undergraduate humanities majors working in unpaid internships.
For Summer 2018, the scholarships will be awarded in $500 increments (up to a maximum award of $3,000).
The application deadline is Friday, May 4, 2018.
1. Attend at least one of the Spring 2018 Humanities Meet-Ups.
2. Download the 2018 Application Cover Sheet.
3. Prepare your application materials, and upload them into the Humanities@Work Summer Scholarship Posting on Handshake. As described within the Cover Sheet, the following materials are required of all applicants:
- The Cover Sheet
- A Short Essay (*See the Cover Sheet for details)
- Your Budget
- Your Resume
- A Copy of the Offer Letter from Your Employer
4. Submit your complete application via the posting for this scholarship on Handshake (CWRU’s online job listing portal).
Here is a Sample Budget. Your own budget should demonstrate that you have thought through the financial responsibilities and rewards of your internship experience, as well as to communicate what expenses (if any) the Humanities@Work scholarship will be applied to. Please note that (i) your budget can include a salary or hourly-wage equivalent, and (ii) your total budget is not necessarily the same as the amount that you may want to request from the Humanities@Work Scholarship Funding.
The Career Center recently published a new version of the CWRU Career Search Guide. It is an excellent resource on a number of topics, including:
- How to create your first resume
- Writing cover letters
- Preparing for interviews
- And many more.
Eligibility & Reporting
Stipends are awarded on a competitive basis. Only humanities majors at CWRU are eligible to apply. Stipends will be paid in two payments to be determined based on the dates of the internship. All awardees will be required to produce a final report (2 pages in length) at the completion of their internship.