The Summer on the Cuyahoga program (SOTC) offers exceptional paid internships at some of Cleveland’s best employers and cultural sites. Students enjoy the opportunity to live with peers from other participating schools while forming close ties with their own local alumnae/i networks.
Summer on the Cuyahoga offers internships in a wide range of fields from banking to field research. Interns in the program enjoy a number of benefits unmatched in most other internship programs:
• Paid internships (9 to 10 weeks) – Internships are the core of the summer experience in Cleveland and Northeast Ohio (NEO), and there is a plethora of them in fields such as finance, marketing, IT, urban development, education and entrepreneurship. Internship experiences are increasingly critical to the post-college job search, and many program participants have even converted their SOTC internships into full-time job opportunities in Greater Cleveland.
• Free housing on the campus of Cleveland State University. All students, without exception, are required to live in program-sponsored housing. You will live in suites with students from other participating schools. For more information on housing, visit the Expanded Details section below.
• Whirlwind experience in Greater Cleveland. Throughout the summer, enjoy a wide range of civic, cultural and social experiences, from lunch with a corporate CEO to a behind-the-scene tour at the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo, SOTC offers it all at little or no charge to interns. Most of the 40+ events have free food!
• An alumni host connection. We pair every intern with an alumni host who will help orient you to NEO and be a “home away from home” during your stay.
• Alumni networking. Enjoy access to your school’s alumni network in NEO and learn networking skills. Community introductions will abound.
• A summer with students from other schools. Meet and socialize with approximately 70 students participating in the program. Explore a new job and a new city with dozens of new friends!
• Assistance with securing full-time employment. Local alumni and the Summer on the Cuyahoga staff are prepared to assist you with seeking and securing permanent employment in Greater Cleveland upon your graduation.
Please CLICK HERE to visit the SOTC website, where you can find more details and information on how to apply!