CWRU is now offering a new immersive summer experience for high school students, including a hands-on cirriculum in Social Justice. June 23 – July 13, 2019.
Summer students will engage in college-level conversations and activities, taught by CWRU faculty, but without the pressure of grades and exams. Live and eat on campus, and take full advantage of the culture and inspiration of our location in Cleveland’s University Circle neighborhood!
The Social Justice program will use an interdisciplinary approach to examine the root causes of social injustice. Focusing on principles of action, community, equity and inclusion, students will explore local, national and global issues and develop creative responses through discussion, journal writing, and short filmmaking.
- Study will university faculty with expertise in issues like environmental justice, indigenous rights, immigration and refugees, health disparities, race and poverty
- Experience Cleveland with visits to local activists and artists who are building community connections and improving their neighborhoods
- Build research skills at the college level and receive training in video production and editing
- Examine unique perspectives on current issues through readings and documentary films
- Explore philosophies about privilege, power and personal responsibility
For more information and to apply, Click HERE.