PLEASE APPLY QUICKLY: This opportunity is not restricted to CWRU students, and we expect that Literary Cleveland will fill it very quickly!
Internship Job Description
Lit Cleveland’s mission is to help build and nurture a vibrant literary arts community in Northeast Ohio. The organization produces dozens of workshops and networking events annually, hosts a bimonthly reading and author talk series at the Happy Dog at the Euclid Tavern, and organizes the annual free Inkubator conference at Cleveland Public Library, among other core programs. Lit Cleveland was incorporated in 2015 and has since become a 501c3 nonprofit organization with more than 300 contributing members. In 2017, we organized more than 250 hours of programming that impacted more than 2,000 individuals.
A complete history and description of activities is on our website at www.litcleveland.org.
Duties and responsibilities may include:
- Attending workshops and other community events, producing photos and video as needed, and writing blog posts
- Working with director / membership and marketing coordinator to put together member events, general mixers, and Between the Lines readings
- Assisting with programs such as Cleveland Inkubator, Northeast Ohio’s largest free annual festival for writers and readers, which is set to take place Tues. July 30th – Sat. Aug 4th 2018
- Distributing class surveys and evaluation reports
- Administrative / research tasks as assigned
- Social media posts for Gordon Square Review, Lit Cleveland’s national online lit magazine
- Developing a custom project based on intern’s professional interests
- Access to a car or reliable transportation
- Ability to work at Literary Cleveland at least a few hours per week
- Positive attitude and eagerness to learn
- Strong organizational, written and computer skills
- Understanding of marketing and facility with social media applications
- Ability to work independently
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Dependability, reliability and flexibility
Beginning August 15 or September 1 (based on intern’s availability)
Send one-page letter of inquiry and resume to:
Lee Chilcote, Director, Literary Cleveland
6516 Detroit Ave. Suite 13, Cleveland Oh 44102