Now in its 20th year, the Cleveland Foundation Summer Internship Program connects undergraduate students with meaningful, career-related experiences in the nonprofit and public sectors. Interns are placed at nonprofit and governmental agencies across Greater Cleveland for an 11-week paid summer internship.
We’re currently accepting applications from students who wish to participate in the 2019 summer internship, and the deadline to apply is January 21, 2019.
Please share this information with anyone who might be interested in applying!
Who’s Eligible to Apply?
- College students who are juniors or seniors in fall 2019, or seniors graduating in 2019.
- Students must be attending college or university in Cuyahoga, Lake or Geauga County OR be permanent residents of Cuyahoga, Lake or Geauga County.
- Relatives of Cleveland Foundation staff or board members are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can apply online. In addition to completing the application, candidates will be asked to submit supporting documents including:
- Most recent transcript of all college-level studies
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals familiar with the candidate’s academic work, employment experience or community/volunteer activities
Please note that a section of the application requires candidates to enter a personal statement (approx. 500 words) describing their interest in the nonprofit or public sectors, why they are applying for the summer internship program, and previous work and volunteer experience.
A Few Important Dates
January 21, 2019 – Deadline to Submit an Application
February – Early April 2019 – Interviews with Top Candidates are Conducted
Mid-April 2019 – Hiring Decisions are Made
June – August 2019 – 11-Week Internship Takes Place
The Internship Experience
Wondering what to expect from the Cleveland Foundation Summer Internship? Former interns share their experiences on our blog right here. See where the 2018 interns were placed, and the projects they worked on, here.
Get in Touch
Have questions? We have answers.
Call: (216) 685-4009